Component Two: Quality Infrastructure Development (Technical Barriers to Trade / Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures)
- Improved standards development capacity and increased capacity of relevant institutions (including the Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology) to provide better services to the private sector. Improved regulatory environment regarding Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT),
- Improved Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) management; improved food safety system, and increased capacity of the Department of Food Technology and Quality Control (DFTQC) and others to ensure better test and certification services to the private sector to the private sector and much safer products to consumers.
- Strengthening the capacity of the testing laboratories in the NBSM to extend the scope of accreditation for food and non-food products and in the Department of Food Technology and Quality Control (DFTQC) for microbiological testing and chemical testing of food products including MRLs;
- Strengthening the capacity of the NBSM Certification division to extend the scope of accreditation for products and systems certification;
- Strengthening the food safety regulatory framework by drafting horizontal food safety standards/ regulations harmonized with international standards including CODEX
- Preparing a road map for the establishment of a national food safety authority, and
- Supporting the WTO TBT Enquiry Point in NBSM and the WTO SPS Enquiry point in DFTQC, strengthen their capacity to provide Nepalese private sector and exporters with information on regulatory requirements in importing countries, raise awareness of producers and exporters about product and process standards and increase access to up-to-date information on the availability of conformity assessment services (calibration and testing laboratories, inspection bodies and certification bodies).
The EU Trade & Private Sector Development (TPSD) Project and...
NSBM staff completed a 3 part Practical Training Course on...
Successful conclusion of Workshop on GMP, GHP, HACCP 15-16 Dec - progress in strengthening the quality environment for domestic production & exports
The EU Trade & Private Sector Development (TPSD), the Department...